MES Competency Development
WEEKLY WORK HIGHLIGHTS
- This week has been busy with delivering 6 batches for working professionals on Teamcenter, 3DEXPERIENCE, Windchill and Creo Toolkit
- Delivering a corporate training on 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA & EKL for HCL Tech
- Working on the solution blue-printing for DELMIA Apriso.
What is a Digital Mock-Up (DMU)?
- Digital Mock Up (DMU) is a construct that provides the virtual 3D description of a product throughout its life cycle.
- The Digital Mock Up is enhanced by all the activities that contribute to describing the product.
- Product design, manufacturing, and support engineers work together to create and manage the DMU as the product moves through product development and into service.
- One of the primary objectives of the DMU is to have a virtual definition of the product that replaces the need for a physical prototype.
- The DMU allows engineers to design and configure complex products and validate their designs without building a physical model.
Featured Industry News
Inspirational talks from thought leaders, more than 320 technical training sessions and 30 meet-up sessions, certification opportunities, and a partner “playground” showcasing sustainable innovations offering attendees new avenues to learn from experts, to develop, hone and expand skills, and to connect with peers and technology partners.
“The journey from ideation to creation starts when we’re free to imagine how things could be, instead of how they are. When we possess the tools that enable us to imagine together, relationships transcend into experiences. Collaboration and creativity become one, creating a spark capable of propelling human progress forward” said by Gian Paolo Bassi, Senior Vice President, 3DEXPERIENCE Works, Dassault Systèmes.
Dassault Systèmes supports Renault Group to extend its use of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform on the cloud and of virtual twin experiences, from design and engineering functions to costing and purchasing. Dassault Systèmes’ cost intelligence solution with artificial intelligence is allowing Renault Group to simulate the impacts of raw material price increases and part cost variations
eXplore Live at Deloitte’s The Smart Factory @ Wichita helps companies experience the future of smart manufacturing and the power of digitalization using the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio. New dedicated space allows Siemens, Deloitte and other collaborators to bring suppliers and customers together to work towards engineering excellence
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced today that Swedish electric airplane maker Heart Aerospace has selected the Capital™ software portfolio from the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of software and services to support its design, development, and certification of zero emission electric aircraft. Siemens’ Capital will provide electrical and electronic (E/E) system design and support as Heart Aerospace addresses the market and regulatory demands of escalating performance and commercial certification requirements.
PTC today announced that it has completed its acquisition of ServiceMax from an entity majority owned by Silver Lake. The acquisition adds important field service management (FSM) capabilities to PTC’s closed-loop product lifecycle management (PLM) and digital thread offerings. ServiceMax provides a comprehensive suite of cloud-native FSM capabilities for servicing complex long-lifecycle products, including managing information about serviced products, creating and managing work orders, and scheduling and dispatching technicians.
PTC is bringing forward a new generation of its widely-trusted Kepware industrial connectivity solution. Kepware+ is designed for connected enterprises looking for improved visibility across their industrial automation landscape. The new SaaS solution offers a single, simple, modern configuration and management capability for accessing industrial data and accelerating enterprise digital transformation.