🔆 WEEKLY WORK HIGHLIGHTS
At PLM Coach, we are lean team serving our global clientele on diverse PLM / CAD / MES technologies. Below are the updates for Week #13, 2023
- Discussing about Rich Application Client customization in the Teamcenter morning batch
- Delivering CATIA CAA RADE Customization training to Collins Aersopace team
- Continuing the DELMIA Apriso training, currently covering routing operations module in production
- Making progress on the 3DEXPERIENCE Customization Training in couple of batches, one is in the functional module and other is in the customization module
- Improved engagement in the Windchill training class as we discuss real use cases
Geometric Modelling Kernel
- A geometric modelling kernel is a software component that provides 3D modelling capabilities in computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- It is used to design a virtual model that supports the simulation and manufacture of real-world objects. Geometric modelling kernels represent real world objects using a variety of geometric representations.
- These include facet models, which approximate an object using a triangular surface mesh, and B-rep models, which use mathematically defined surfaces to accurately define a solid model. Many kernels offer a wide range of modelling tools. For example, 2D sketches may be swept or revolved into 3D volumes, or Boolean operations might be used to add, subtract or combine 3D volumes.
- Advanced kernels provide direct model editing tools like tapering, shelling and offsetting, and also enable the creation of very large models and complex freeform surfaces Geometric modelling kernels support translation-free interoperability between software solutions based on the same kernel.
- This increases model stability and performance in communicating 3D design intentions between CAD software and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) software.
📑 Featured Industry News
- Leading space agency in Europe and science-based technology company partner to nurture and accelerate the development of new space startups and innovations
- Letter of intent is looking to extend an existing collaboration between ESA Business Incubation Center (ESA BIC) Bavaria and Dassault Systèmes in Germany to ESA BICs across Europe
- European startups to benefit from Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform, 3DEXPERIENCE Lab mentoring, and networking support
Manitou Group, a world reference in the handling, aerial work platform and earth moving sectors, has teamed up with Siemens Digital Industries Software to develop a global solution for managing the lifecycle of its products
- Siemens Xcelerator portfolio enables Daimler Truck to advance development of innovative technologies for its trucks and buses
- Next generation product development and lifecycle management platform to replace wide range of legacy systems as part of digitalization initiative