🔆 WEEKLY WORK HIGHLIGHTS
At PLM Coach, we are lean team serving our global clientele on diverse PLM / CAD / MES technologies. Below are the updates for Week #14, 2023
- Delivering Rich Application Client customization in the Teamcenter morning batch
- Completed CATIA CAA RADE Customization training to Collins Aerospace team
- Continuing the DELMIA Apriso training, currently covering routing operations module in production
- Making progress on the 3DEXPERIENCE Customization Training in couple of batches, one is in the functional module and other is in the customization module
- Discussing database queries in Windchill customization training
Why do Companies need a Bill of Material (BOM) management solution?
- Without a means to manage and track the full range of product design data, companies face the challenge of generating and managing an accurate product BOM.
- Often that task will be controlled through a spreadsheet in a complicated and error prone manual process.
- Product development often proceeds in a hybrid of top-down and bottom-up approaches with some portions provided by partner and supplier companies.
- Managing all these product-structure demands in a spreadsheet can easily lead to errors and delays in development.
- Companies need a single source of product information, including all product constituents – mechanical, electrical, software, and documentation – and the tools to manage that data to generate accurate product BOMs.
📑 Featured Industry News
XD Innovation is proud to announce that it has become an authorized value-added reseller (VAR) for Dassault Systèmes, a world leader in 3D design and engineering software
Digitalization of Aerospace will make the industry more resilient, efficient, and innovative. Digitalization is emerging as the crucial advantage that modern Aerospace programs can turn to in the face of complexity.
A widespread transformation is taking place in the automotive industry. Changes in technology, societal pressures, and environmental regulations are all pushing vehicles to become more sustainable, safe, accessible, and smart. In response to these trends and pressures, automakers are doubling down on electrification and continuing to invest in the development of automated driving features and autonomous vehicles (AV).
Agile product development is an application of software methodology to a physical manufacturing process. In a sense, building a product using Agile or – to be more blunt – making hardware like making software.