3DEXPERIENCE Platform offers diverse business solutions to its customers. It offers industry process and solution experiences. The platform’s functionalities are divided into roles tied to specific business needs. Below a number of the commonly used roles for various business processes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
3DEXPERIENCE Platform Roles Overview
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform provides access to it’s applications via roles
- List of Roles
Collaborative Business Innovator (IFW)
3DEXPERIENCE Collaborative Business Innovator unites employees, partners, suppliers, customers, consumers and regulators into the framework for sustainable innovation.
The Collaborative Business Innovator (IFW) role delivers the underpinning apps and services that digitally connect all users within the value stream – to determine social communities with consumers and customers to share, experiment and innovate effectively. Businesses can power their innovation processes with transformative technologies, leveraging legacy tools and systems.
The Collaborative Business Innovator role digitally connects all users and is that the cornerstone towards achieving a data-driven, model-based framework for sustainable innovation. The Collaborative Business Innovator role includes the subsequent apps and services: 3DPassport – authentication and authorization with 3DEXPERIENCE ID, 3DCompass – access to 3DEXPERIENCE solutions, roles, apps and services, 3DDashboard – dashboarding, 3DSwym – social collaboration with communities, persistent chat with Conversations. 3DDrive – file storage and sharing (available on cloud only), 3DSearch – semantic search, 6WTags – enhance content with meaningful tags, 3DPlay – 3D visualization, 3DMessaging – instant messaging on rich client, 3DNotification – real-time notifications, 3DComment – social interactions, and Users Group – collaborate and share with groups of users (app available on cloud only).
My3DEXPERIENCE – helps connect data and other people . Users can stay informed with channels, supported user interests management of authentication options during a dashboard.
- Collaborative Business Innovator role combines all the essential capabilities required for collaborative innovation, on the platform.
- Access all capabilities needed for collaboration – on one platform. there’s no got to switch between multiple disconnected tools anymore.
- Innovate with a better degree of confidence by engaging consumers and customers early within the ideation process. Consider valuable feedback from across the worth chain with minimal effort.
- Make the proper decisions considering all the info across your business, not just data at hand or outdated reports.
- Improve productivity by sharing securely and simply across the worth stream. Spend less time updating data and managing status.
Mechanical Designer (MDG)
A powerful set of applications built to permit the creation and management of sophisticated mechanical projects
CATIA Mechanical Designer role allows the users to make and complete advanced mechanical products and parts, from conceptual to detailed phases.
To that end, the foremost comprehensive process coverage is out there , including part design, assembly creation, mechanism motion, 3D mock-up review and drawing generation. because of the entire integration within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, it’s possible to share modifications at the thing level and work concurrently in teams on an equivalent product.
And to accelerate the planning process, users also enjoy all CATIA modeler capabilities, including direct modeling technology, functional design, advanced feature-based approach, and knowledgeware design automation.
- Cover the END-TO-END process for mechanical design
- Explore innovative solutions and workable concepts for detailed design
- Reduce time-to-market by designing right the primary time
- Be able to overcome new challenges with a scalable solution
- Collaborate together with your team et al.
- Take benefits from your assets and reuse existing designs
- Work on large assemblies with flexibility
- Be more efficient on everyday tasks
- Real-time collaboration: add parallel and exchange through 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Conceptual design: use 2D or 3D techniques to make a workable concept for detailed design
- Assembly & kinematics: design and animate complex kinematic mechanisms
- Unified user interface: accelerate your design with natural manipulations and contextual interactions
- Product review: detect and track interferences, check the load distribution and analyze the digital mock-up with relevant engineering data
- Knowledge design automation: maximize your assets, capture modeling methodologies and reuse associative templates
- Associative Drawings: generate associative layouts with multi-views, dimensions, and associated bill of materials
Product Architect (PDA)
Address market needs while minimizing costs by defining and optimizing a multi-discipline product architecture.
Product Architect drives product development based on captured customer, market and technology requirements. Product Architect defines a logical product architecture, which ensures that multi-discipline design activities are performed with a complete definition and understanding of a product’s market, functional and technical objectives including the definition and management of product variants.
- Define and Optimize the Product Architecture
- Drive product development by assigning product features after refining customer and product requirements. Plan tests to validate product features to ensure requirements are fulfilled successfully.
- Reduce Product Development Effort
- Lower product development time, cost and risks with a modular-based design approach and by reusing proven and standard product features.
- Master Product Diversity
- Engage configuration services to control excessive proliferation of product or feature variants. Identify and specify the expected variants to meet requirements.
- Leverage Enterprise Change Management
- Use built-in traceability to leverage the enterprise change management process and fully partake in change governance, implementation monitoring and validation.
- Respond to Component Changes Systematically
- Ensure cross-functional understanding of product features for a more effective reaction to component changes.
- Define and optimize the product architecture.
- Refine customer and product requirements and assign them to product features in order to drive all product development.
- Control excessive proliferation of product or feature variants.
- Ensure cross-functional understanding of product features.
- Plan tests to validate features for successfully fulfilling requirements.
- Execute and monitor changes with impact analysis to ensure customer needs are met.
- Create an engineering configuration and corresponding BOM for review, simulation, and validation.
- Reduce product development duration, cost and risk by reusing proven and standardized product features.
Applications Developer (SDV)
Provides software engineering tools, API, documentation and examples supporting development of new 3DEXPERIENCE® apps.
Applications Developer provides a set of tools supporting manipulation of the public schema model and creation and management of new schema. It provides a development toolset and a C++ API supporting software development based upon 3DEXPERIENCE client applications for designing and simulating a product and its manufacturing processes. Low-level server APIs can be used for C++ and Java software development.
- Experience Faster Time to Market by automating tasks, promoting know-how re-use and built-in quality by capturing business process specificities into data schemas, rules and apps.Customize without Compromise.
- Protect IP Comprehensively by using best-of-breed modeler techniques to ensure customer intellectual property integrity across the various product development disciplines.
- Streamline Your Product Development Processes using development tools leveraging the 3DEXPERIENCE platform architecture.
- Simplify Product Development by using a seamless user interface for custom apps inserted directly in existing user interface frames.
- Learn from reference documentation, technical articles, and code samples explaining key concepts and commonly used scenarios and extensions.
- Use an interactive development environment integrated in Microsoft Visual Studio and featuring code generation wizards.
- Define and launch unit tests including debug/non-debug option and variable setting for custom operations.
- Automatically check C++ coding rules and memory leaks with generation of customizable reports that hyperlink to faulty C++ sources.
Customization and Specialization Administrator (TXO)
Customize the data models and behavior of 3DEXPERIENCE platform applications
Customization and Specialization Administrator enables users to customize the data models and behavior of 3DEXPERIENCE platform applications by identifying the standard resources used for a particular collaborative space and introducing their own business rules. Each 3DEXPERIENCE application provides the ability to create various types of objects (e.g. a physical reference, a drawing, a requirement, etc.). Domain experts can introduce sub types with associated attributes to model the specific nature of their objects (e.g. a bridge, a door, etc.). This allows customers to introduce their own taxonomy. End users are able to create objects with a specific semantic and benefit from this taxonomy when searching for objects, generating reports, etc. Domain experts can also introduce data extensions that can be applied on objects of a given type by end users.
- Enriching Data Models with a Set of Attributes
- Each 3DEXPERIENCE application comes with a standard data model. An object of a given type has a set of attributes that are necessary for the application to work. Administrators may want to enrich the out of the box data models with their own attributes. This is achieved technically by the definition of deployment extensions and their automatic assignment when creating an object of a given type.
- Introducing Customer Specific Taxonomy
- Each 3DEXPERIENCE application provides the ability to create various types of objects (e.g. a physical reference, a drawing, a requirement, etc.). Domain experts can introduce sub types with associated attributes to model the specific nature of their objects (e.g. a bridge, a door, etc.). This allows customers to introduce their own taxonomy. End users are able to create objects with a specific semantic and benefit from this taxonomy when searching for objects, generating reports, etc. Domain experts can also introduce data extensions that can be applied on objects of a given type by end users.
- Introducing Uniqueness Keys
- By default, each application comes with simple rules for ensuring uniqueness of the names of the objects (names being computed by the system). It may be interesting for a customer to introduce its own heuristic for giving names to objects and for ensuring a uniqueness rule for a set of attributes of objects. This is done by introducing uniqueness keys.
- Assigning Resources Valid for a Given Collaborative Space
- Some 3DEXPERIENCE applications use standard resources (catalog of objects, spreadsheets, xml files) to perform their process. These resources are created by dedicated toolkits (catalog editor, document editor, etc.). To standardize the usage of the right resources for a given collaborative space, domain experts can use the “data setup” application. The data setup application allows domain experts to define the resources to use for each application in the context of a collaborative space.
- Implementing Customer Logic
- Some 3DEXPERIENCE applications are open to behavior customization: they come with “user exits” that can be used for computing particular information or for validating an operation. Domain experts can implement business rules using Enterprise Knowledge Language (EKL) and they can declare the business rule valid in the context of one or several collaborative spaces.
- Customize 3DEXPERIENCE data models by introducing sub types of objects with a set of new attributes (final users will be able to choose the sub type of an object to create through the 3DEXPERIENCE application).
- Introduce data extensions that can be applied by final users to enrich a particular object with a set of attributes. Data Extensions can be seen as “Dynamic” attributes.
Change Manager (CHG)
A strategic closed-loop collaborative change process that clearly communicates change decisions and assignments to all impacted domains.
Change Manager helps companies improve operational efficiencies for global product development. The role brings organizations together under a single change methodology to streamline the coordination of change activities from product governance to work-in-process activities, while maintaining strict controls and traceability.
Change Manager accelerates product launch in multiple markets by supporting the parallel evaluation and implementation of changes.
Change Manager enables global product teams to collaborate on proposed changes and change assessments, and then implement product changes through an automated process.
- Streamline change process execution time by bringing organizations together under a single change methodology that accommodates unique organizational needs.
- Improve change traceability with coordinated change activities from product governance to work-in-process activities while maintaining strict controls and traceability.
- Enhance change coordination and accountability with a consistent review and approval process that involves the right people, at the right levels.
- Improve change consistency and repeatability across the enterprise by establishing standards and change procedures.
- Use intelligent change management rules and automation to reduce the time and cost associated with change orchestration and synchronization.
- Provide closed-loop traceability on issues from submission to resolution.
- Make informed decisions by obtaining a full impact assessment of change requests from all impacted organizations.
- Orchestrate change scenarios from product governance to work-in-process activities while maintaining strict controls and traceability.
- Support a consistent, systems-based, multi-discipline change process.
- Provide change dashboards that clearly communicate change decisions and status across impacted organizations.
- Improve product development while maintaining controls and traceability by establishing a single set of change processes.
- Clearly communicate change decisions and assignments to all impacted organizations.
- Reduce change orchestration time and cost with intelligent change management rules and automation
Product Release Engineer (XEN)
Manage the engineering definition of products from early definition to final validation in collaboration across disciplines and the value network.
With a single, shared engineering product definition, Product Release Engineer enables engineering and other disciplines to easily complete and validate the product structure and access up-to-date information to advance product innovation.
Product Release Engineer helps reduce engineering definition time by maximizing data reuse, reducing product structure complexity, simplifying product governance through responsibility assignments and ensuring adherence to corporate standards through early definition of product part numbers.
Product Release Engineer enhances user productivity across the value network, delivering a modern, web-based, intuitive and easy-to-use experience for content reviews and organizing engineering data, as well as creating, validating and sharing of product information and design data.
- Foster multi-discipline collaboration, by accelerating cross-team collaboration and product development, with engineering responsibility assignment and tracking.
- Reduce errors and rework through a single, shared engineering product definition that ensures teams are always working on up-to-date information, avoiding the potential for confusion and errors.
- Work effectively through advanced navigation of the engineering definition that minimizes time spent searching for Engineering Items.
- Maximize data reuse, save time, and reduce costs with the ability to duplicate, reuse, and exclude existing engineering definitions.
- Drive efficiency and improve productivity through a smart data organization that fits user needs.
- Improve productivity through a smart data organization that fits user needs.
- Categorize IP & navigate on the engineering definition with category filtering capabilities to facilitate access to data.
- Foster multi-discipline collaboration and work more effectively together.
- Reduce Engineering Definition complexity with flexible visualization, mass editing capabilities, and lifecycle operations.
- Drive the adoption of company part numbering conventions.
- Avoid production errors by defining the quantity of the required material in the engineering definition.
- Accelerate cross-team collaboration and product development by assigning engineering responsibilities across the value network.
- Maximize carry over with a Configured Engineering Definition.
Collaborative Industry Innovator (CSV)
Collaborate across product development disciplines with full flexibility and traceability to define and deliver innovative products.
Collaborative Industry Innovator is the cornerstone application for organizing, managing and collaborating on content in a secure manner. It brings continuity to business processes and enhances the ability to make informed decisions by leveraging real-time data.
Collaborative Industry Innovator includes the ability to store, share and manage content including technical documentation, search and find relevant data and information for reuse, navigate through a product structure in a web-browser, easily view and compare 3D content, and readily organize, fine-tune, share and access work using tasks.
Collaborative Industry Innovator enables multi-CAD applications to contribute directly to a single product definition eliminating the need to independently manage and combine separate, partial product structures.
- Collaborate Effectively
- Securely access, share and manage documents and data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. Enhance collaboration with a single source of information available anytime and accessible by team members located anywhere. Seamless integration with Microsoft Office enables everyone, including non-technical team members, to work in a familiar environment.
- Enable Concurrent Design
- Manage the product structure as data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform so designers can work in parallel. Designers have instant access to updates made by other contributors working in their CAD or multidisciplinary applications. This enables real-time concurrent design, resulting in enhanced decision-making and faster design maturity.
- Decrease Errors
- Access lifecycle capabilities directly from within the CAD application. Lifecycle management helps ensure cross-functional teams are always working with the most-up-to-date version of the design and related data to reduce the likelihood of errors. Stakeholders receive notifications when designers promote their work to the next level of maturity.
- Reduce Rework and Delays
- Easily classify and search for parts that meet requirements in standard or company part libraries. Quickly identify components for review or modification using cross highlighting between a tabular and graphical view. Accurate identification of components for updates to the product structure or design reduces rework and delays. Reuse existing parts to save time, lower costs and advance product quality.
- Stay Organized
- Intuitively organize, view and track individual and shared tasks from creation through completion. Readily access task information including who is responsible, delivery date and relevant content. Maintain real-time visibility into task status in a dashboard to ensure projects advance according to defined milestones.
- Efficient and secure collaboration for developing innovative products and experiences.
- Accessible product data and lifecycle management capabilities within the CAD application or Microsoft Office.
- Single, unified product structure for concurrent design across disciplines and CAD applications.
- Advanced product structure navigation and filtering including specific product configurations – all from a web-browser.
- Browser-based 3D visualization and geometric analysis tools for 3D comparison, measurements and sectioning
Process Engineer (PPL)
Define and validate manufacturing process plans of any product in 3D
Process Planner (PPL) provides all essential capabilities to define, optimize and validate manufacturing process plans of any product. The user is able to describe the necessary sub-assemblies and transformation steps and detail all corresponding routings and manufacturing operations. These routings and manufacturing operations can be balanced across the product line by optimizing the workload and resource utilization. All along the definition phase the user can immediately check and validate these manufacturing process plans by stepping through the complete fabrication sequence and directly visualizing the corresponding product buildup in 3D including related tooling and resources. These plans can then be leveraged by downstream stakeholders, minimizing rework as they enrich the plan from concept to execution.
- Reduce cost and risk
- Process Engineers can spot manufacturing process issues early in the design stages, when change is easier and less expensive – an important step in improving the quality of process plans. Early detection and resolution of issues also reduces the risk of manufacturing sequence issues, missed ramp-up & production schedules and missed capacity targets.
- Reduce time-to-market
- Process Engineers can recover and resolve product and process related issues early in the planning stages by collaborating with the product designer and other stakeholders. Process engineering time is reduced and ramp-up-to-production times are shortened.
- Capture and leverage best practices
- With PPL’s specific Business Intelligence (BI) indicators, users can easily evaluate the status of their process plans by identifying unconsumed or unassigned items. Plans that have been defined and validated can be captured as templates and stored in a catalog for future use. As available resources change, plans saved in the libraries can be modified in continuous improvement cycles.
- Maximize resource utilization with line balancing
- Process Engineers can optimize the distribution of the manufacturing operations all along the production line by sticking to the desired cycle time and minimizing the number of required stations and resources. Process Engineers can also evaluate and optimize the workload of each worker and the utilization of any resource.
- Author and manage manufacturing process plans
- Process Engineers can create and manage manufacturing data with an easy-to-use interface. They can intuitively link manufacturing items to each step of the process using simple drag-and-drop from the spec tree, with assignment assistants, or directly in 3D. They can also manage resource allocation, the overall process sequence and product positioning at each step.
- 3D graph view of the process
- The process graph function lets users view and define operations and related sequencing in a graph such as a PERT. They can also see the product buildup at stages of the operation. With this understanding, users can make necessary changes and optimize operation plans in the 3D environment.
- Virtual Build for assembly sequence validation
- Process Engineers can immediately see in 3D any modification applied to the assembly sequence, all in the context of the 3D layout when it is available. At any time during the process plan definition, users can visualize in 3D the corresponding build-up of any selected assembly step in the same working interface. They can quickly and intuitively validate the sequence of operations, identify issues, and make the necessary modifications. They can easily go back and forth in the assembly sequence and identify any issues based on the 3D display.
- Leveraging Manufacturing objects from the 3DEXPERIENCE libraries
- When companies work with the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform to create and manage manufacturing processes, they can capture intellectual property by saving Manufacturing objects in a 3DEXPERIENCE® library. This allows enterprises to establish standards and leverage know-how. PPL users have access to the catalog and can instantiate Manufacturing objects as they create and manage the Manufacturing structures.
- Easily check the completeness and any impact on the manufacturing data
- Using some specific key indicators with related color codes, the user can easily identify what has been consumed and what has not yet been consumed. This allows the process engineer to evaluate the completeness of the process definition. They are also able to identify what has changed and which items are linked together. This allows process engineers to make the right decision and correctly update the process if necessary.
- Balance operations across the production line
- Using the Work Load Balancing user interface, users can manually balance operations to achieve the desired cycle time by dragging and dropping operations between workstations or workplaces. When an operation is moved from one place to another, the utilization of the workstation or workplace and assigned resources can be checked.
- Automatic Line balancing
- Process Engineers can balance operations across workstations or workplaces based on a given cycle time. The command balances a set of operations according to two different options: distribute the operations all along the line to get the minimum cycle time, or fill all stations until the targeted cycle time to minimize the number of stations. All the process constraints and time constraints are considered and the user can add individual constraints.
- Model Mixed support
- The Model Mixed function lets Process Engineers plan multiple product models on a single line, identifying and balancing operations and checking resource occupation for different product models. The user can optimize the workload between workstations, workplaces, workers and robots by concurrently displaying and comparing different models and variants.
Template Designer (KDI)
Define and reuse smart engineering templates, and manage your company IP with knowledgeware rules and checks.
Lengthy engineering changes are often the cause of delays and increased production costs. Companies need to capitalize their know-how with built-in knowledge templates to save time and focus on innovation. CATIA Template Designer enables users to easily and interactively capture engineering know-how and methodology for highly efficient reuse. As a result, this helps organizations share best practices and avoid duplication of effort.
It allows the interactive creation of feature, part and assembly templates which encapsulate geometry specifications, associated parameters and relations (knowledge) for associative reuse.This can all be achieved without the need for skilled programming resources, ensuring that all engineers can instead participate in knowledge sharing and capture activities.
For organizations working within extended supply chains, Original IP (Intellectual Property) in design data are not exposed. Partners are, however, still able to capitalize on this embedded knowledge. CATIA Template Designer allows the interactive creation of feature, part and assembly templates which encapsulate geometry specifications, associated parameters and relations (knowledge) for associative reuse.
- Easy & simple language for creating template
- Pervasive in all processes
- All process benefit from pre-defined templates
- Sophisticated templates can be created, without any complexity for end users
- Define engineering template capture
- Re-use design from all Apps
- Enrich templates with Formulae, Equations, Knowledge patterns, Reactions, Equation resolution
3DEXPERIENCE Platform is the new solution from Dassault Systemes that combines powerful legacy capabilities of CATIA, ENOVIA, DELMIA with the latest industry approaches like MBSE, Digital Thread. This enables businesses to build products faster with superior quality. Learn 3DEXPERIENCE from PLM Coach and enhance your earning potential
Checkout our Other Resources
3DEXPERIENCE Enterprise Knowledge Language
3DEXPERIENCE Platform Openness
3DEXPERIENCE Platform Web Services Guide
🌍 For PLM / CAD Training Visit
Follow PLM Coach on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
📧 Contact PLM Coach:
Follow the link to Training Inquiry Form to provide your details
Follow the link to Text PLM Coach on WhatsApp
☏ Mobile Number ► +91-7989703878
💌 Email ► firstname.lastname@example.org